Regional Sales Manager
Los Angeles, California
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of Sales Representatives to implement national and regional sales goals.
- Lead and manage team to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management.
- Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meeting to inform, train and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
- Utilize staff as consultants in coordinating large programs, e.g., symposia, speaker’s bureau.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
- 5 years of management experience within a direct sales environment (Pharmaceutical management experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel up to 75%
- Requires valid driver’s license
- Excellent product knowledge
- Expert knowledge of territory and organization analysis
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment
- Mastery of selling skills
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Job performance results meet or exceed job requirements for previous 24 months