Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of Territory Managers to implement national and regional sales goals.
• Lead and manage therapeutic area to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management.
• Lead and manage therapeutic area to promote the product portfolio for their sales force, including the products that are not part of the bonus plan.
• Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
• Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives.
• Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support the hiring activities.
• Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
• Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
• Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
• Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
• Plan and conduct sales meeting to inform, train and motivate representatives.
• Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
• Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
• Utilize staff as consultants in coordinating large programs, e.g., symposia, speaker’s bureau.
• Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel up to 75%
• Requires valid driver’s license
• Minimum of 3 years in pharmaceutical or medical device leadership with team of 8+ reps
• 2 years in a staff or headquarters-based position plus completion of a management development training program and/or special assignments
• Excellent product knowledge
• Expert knowledge of territory and organization analysis
• Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment
• Mastery of selling skills
• Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills
• Job performance results meet or exceed job requirements for previous 24 months